- RSS Channel Showcase 9369835
- RSS Channel Showcase 9888255
- RSS Channel Showcase 3506680
- RSS Channel Showcase 8150695
Articles on this Page
- 05/20/15--12:23: _What you need to kn...
- 06/12/15--13:40: _Mosquito population...
- 03/28/16--19:29: _Grab your bug spray...
- 04/13/16--03:24: _Mosquito season on ...
- 05/16/16--03:26: _Parents Surviving S...
- 07/12/16--05:55: _Virginia’s second 2...
- 08/10/16--07:24: _The three things yo...
- 09/19/16--17:29: _Still no deal on Zi...
- 05/01/17--06:10: _Hampton Roads ranks...
- 07/06/17--10:10: _Portsmouth neighbor...
- 01/25/18--11:03: _Mosquitoes remember...
- 05/14/18--07:02: _Warmer weather mean...
- 06/22/18--10:59: _Research on how mos...
- 06/27/18--13:41: _First cases of West...
- 07/13/18--05:29: _Virginia Beach Mosq...
- 05/20/15--12:23: What you need to know about mosquito control in Hampton Roads cities
- 06/12/15--13:40: Mosquito population in Virginia Beach explodes early in the season
- 03/28/16--19:29: Grab your bug spray! Hampton Roads cities make Top 50 Mosquito list
- 04/13/16--03:24: Mosquito season on the way: Protecting your home
- 07/12/16--05:55: Virginia’s second 2016 case of EEE virus found in Suffolk pony
- 08/10/16--07:24: The three things you need to do to protect against the Zika virus
- 09/19/16--17:29: Still no deal on Zika and government funding
- 05/01/17--06:10: Hampton Roads ranks high on list of Top 50 Mosquito Cities
- 07/06/17--10:10: Portsmouth neighborhood complains of increase in mosquitoes
- 01/25/18--11:03: Mosquitoes remember human smells, Virginia Tech researchers find
- 05/14/18--07:02: Warmer weather means mosquito season is on the way
Here's how our local cities deal with mosquito control
Virginia Beach Public Works crews are taking action against an early explosion in the mosquito population.
Pest control company Orkin created a Top Mosquito Cities list for the third year in a row.
It's April and it's spring. While it may not feel like it, pretty soon you may start to feel what can be the most annoying thing that accompanies the warmer weather: mosquitoes.
Summer is almost here and that means much more outdoor fun for your kids. It's important to think about extended sun and heat exposure, water safety and insect bites.
Number 14. Virginia Beach, VA.makenziewalterwtkr
The second case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis to be found in a Virginia equine in 2016 has been found in a pony from Suffolk, the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services announced Tuesday.
Two Horses in Field.wtkrbeccamitchell
The Virginia Department of Health says there are three specific steps you can take at home to help prevent the Zika virus.
How to keep away mosquitoes carrying Zika, denguetoddcorillo
Lawmakers hoping for a quick resolution in the talks to fund the government and provide a federal response to Zika were disappointed Monday when negotiators, who had worked through the weekend, said they would need more time to agree to a deal.
Hampton Roads has made an appearance on Orkin's Top 50 Mosquito Cities, ranking relatively high at number 13!
How to keep away mosquitoes carrying Zika, denguewtkrbeccamitchell
Neighbors in the Churchland section of Portsmouth say the pesky mosquitoes are back...and worse than ever.
This research could help health experts and scientist figure out ways of stopping certain viruses and fevers that are spread through certain species of mosquitoes. The Aedes aegypti mosquitoes are known to carry and spread the Zika fever, dengue fever, chikungunya and the yellow fever virus.
How to keep away mosquitoes carrying Zika, denguenboykin1992
The warmer weather of May brings the beginning of mosquito season in Virginia and the Virginia Department of Health is urging caution.
Summertime means the return of mosquitoes and new research is expanding what we know about the pests.
The first cases of West Nile Virus (WNV) and Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) have been detected in mosquitoes in Hampton Roads, the City of Suffolk said Wednesday.
How to keep away mosquitoes carrying Zika, denguedhooks91
There has been a rise in West Nile Virus activity in some parts of the city, according to the Virginia Beach Mosquito Control.